Sunday, November 29, 2009

Rolls :)

Got this recipe from Susan and Mandy who got it from this website: http://www.realmomkitchen.com/

I’ve always been kind of a failure at making rolls so I decided to try this recipe that Mandy tried for Thanksgiving. I used my kitchen aid mixer and the recipe worked and they turned out pretty good! Not quite like the ones Mom makes, but I’ll work on that. Maybe next I’ll master her recipe.

1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk (I just heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and let it sit while the yeast bubbled)
1/3 cup sugar
1 package yeast(2 1/4 teaspoon)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 T salt
1 egg
flour (I think I ended up use 4 1/2 cups)

In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water; let grow until bubbly(about 5 minutes). Add milk and mix. Mix in oil and egg. Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt. Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes. Form rolls as desired and place on a greased cookie sheet. Let rise an additional 30 minutes. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Brush hot rolls with melted butter. I made just over 2 dozen parker house rolls with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment