Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Egg Drop Soup

I found an awesome recipe for Creamy Egg Drop Soup. This recipe is more creamy corn, than straight broth.

.Ingredients.
1 can of Chicken Broth
1 can of cream style corn
1 egg
1 pinch of salt

.Directions.
Bring the broth & corn to a boil into a pot. While you are waiting, whisk the egg(s) together. After the mixture boils, remove from the heat. Add the egg(s) in the circular motion (think of a swirl motion). Let it sit for about 60 seconds & stir. Pour in your bowl & enjoy! (:

.My Changes.
I used 3 eggs, salted it more to taste & added some soy sauce. I thought the mixture was a little too runny for my taste, so I added a little bit of cornstarch to thicken it up. Be careful when you are swirling the eggs into the pot because there might be clumb fall at once, which will cause a couple of chunks of egg.


Does anyone happen to have a recipe for white queso? I've been looking everywhere for a good one. I just tried one today & it turned into a ground cumin-runny-soup. Not very good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment