Wednesday, June 10, 2009

FooD SToRaGe

Hello!
Molly I'm glad you are getting into cooking so much! This will be fun!
I'm writing this post because I want to know if anyone has some good recipes for food storage, like bottling/canning foods, freezing foods, or drying things. I do not have much food storage at all right now and we are trying to reduce it at the moment so we don't have to try to move so much. BUT once we are settled I really want to start up some good food storage. (And hopefully a garden next spring!) I remember seeing things my mom would have stocked up in her "fruit room": beautiful jars of peaches, jams, carrots, and more! I also remember some awesome pickled things like cute squiggly carrots Susan would make. I would love to learn how to do this stuff and have food like these on hand for eating or for gifts. What's your advice? What's your recipes? How do you make food storage successful?

No comments:

Post a Comment