Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Thanks Michelle for reminding me of this site. I just figured out my password again and now I can post things! Of course, I haven't really cooked much before, so my recipe knowledge is pretty limited at the moment.
Living here in England we don't get to eat Mexican unless its homemade... and I really miss it. We eat a lot of homemade tacos, both beef and chicken, and taco salad. It's really quick and easy to make. I'm sure everyone has a recipe. I did find a chopper at the store that shreds the chicken more than my trying to hand make small chunks. Sometimes I make a salad, crunch up a handfull of tostitos on top of it, add the taco meat (chicken or beef) & add salsa... mix it all together. That way its healthier.
Sorry I don't have a lot of ideas yet. I just really got into allrecipes.com and cooking different dishes. I did cook the Cheeseburger Pie and it was GREAT! I didn't have peppers or onions, so I used different spices to give it more flavor.
Thanks everyone for the great recipes. I'd love to hear some more & I'll start sharing more now that I like cooking. haha
Oh wait, I do have a really good recipe for Pistachio Pudding. My grandma always made it for as a kid.
Mix:
1 Box Pistachio Pudding (follow directions on back of box)
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1 9 oz. cool whip
1 c. small marshmallows
1 large can pineapple (crushed & drained)
Nuts (optional)
*I prefer using SF pudding & coolwhip. I don't miss the sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment