Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Broccoli Soup

This was my first cream soup I’ve made homemade. It turned out good and I think I will be making it again.

Broccoli Soup

1 1/2 – 2 lbs broccoli, Fresh or frozen, chopped finely
1 small to medium onion, finely diced
3 regular size carrots, extra finely diced
6-8 cups water
4-6 tsp or chicken bullion
1/4 tsp pepper
dash of salt
1 cup cream or evaporated milk
1-1 1/2 cups instant potatoes
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Put chopped, onion, carrot and broccoli in a large pot. Add water until water is about 1/2 inch above veggies. Add about 1/2 tsp bullion per cup of water you used to cover the veggies. Add dash of regular salt and 1/4 tsp ground black pepper. Boil until veggies are tender. Once veggies are tender add cream or evaporated milk, and instant potatoes. Stir until flakes are all dissolved. Add more potatoes until soup is desired thickness. Remove from heat and add cheese. When the cheese is melted  soup is ready to serve. So easy.

I got this recipe from www.themotherhuddle.com
image{Click the picture to go to the recipe}

I used fresh broccoli-one large head. I used most of the large stems since it was soup. I had a big medium white onion, and three regular carrots. I took turns processing everything in my food processor until it was nice and small. It was perfect for the soup and so easy and fast. I used evaporated milk as well.

I made the One Hour Dinner Rolls to go with this soup-they are probably my best batch of rolls yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment