Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sausage Meatballs

I found this recipe online somewhere the other night…oops I lost where.

I loved how these turned out. I wanted to do something with our newly purchased pig that we’d just had processed, and wasn’t sure what I could make with the sausage-because that was easiest to defrost at the time hehe.

I’ve always hated making meatballs-and therefore never do-because they never turn out that great. These ones are worthy to write about though-I was very happy with them-and so was Josh!

They went well with our spaghetti but would also make a good appetizer-as the recipe was originally intended for.

SAUSAGE MEATBALLS

1 lb pork sausage (any flavor)
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup onion, very finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, very finely chopped
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1. Combine all ingredients and form into 3/4 inch to 1 inch balls; you can use a melon ball scooper.
2. Place meatballs in a greased 13 x 9 casserole dish or on a greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
4. Serve with toothpicks.

MY CHANGES:
I rarely have celery on hand-I just don’t care for it. I used chopped green pepper and it was great. I also seasoned it with just a tiny bit of salt and some fresh ground pepper with the garlic powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment